Monday, March 2, 2009

My Journey xD

Hey guys, well, this is the very first blog I post since I got to Australia. Yeah, I arrived safe and sound. Nothing much happened to me, just bit busy and tough for me to go through all this all alone.

Firstly, when I reached Melbourne, it was already 10, at local time. At 10 in the night, everything is closed, and there’s a curfew for me to get into an accommodation quickly. Funny thing comes when the very first person called my name. He’s the guy who should be picking me up from airport to my hotel. That guy keep on say, ’Are you burnt??’ to me, and of cause I answered, ’Hell no!’ Lol then I started to tell that I’m Kent, and then he was laughing like hell, that he’s actually calling my middle name, Boon. Lame! Since then I insist everyone call me Kent, and I will never tell anyone my middle name, except for those who can actually pronounce it correctly.

After struggling, walking cluelessly around the airport, I’ve arrived to the hotel, which located at South Yarra, around 10mins drive from city. It’s a small hotel, will only provide rooms with bed, that’s it and its god damn expensive (almost 100bucks per night!). Toilet and bathroom are shared lazy me when comes to an emergency =.= . However, people over there are friendly, I mean real friendly! When I passed by anyone, anyone, no matter what age or gender or whatever, they’ll greet you, and even when I’m having breakfast at a dining hall, the people nearby approached me and have a chat with me.

Meanwhile I’m staying in that hotel. I have to take trains and bus all the way to Clayton and get into the campus. Total journey took me around 40mins to get there(just to let you understand how far it is) and within 3days, I gotta find a permanent accommodation, establish a bank account, get a Telco service, get enrolled, get OSHC card, get tax file number, order ladtop and etc. *sighs* all these by myself. Man, I never took such hard decisions in my life at all. Well, well, I guess everything is over, and things gotta be settled soon. Every time I went to university, I visited the same counter at the Student Service Centre, and I can see them knocking their forehead every time I fire them a question. (because I should be able to understand everything before I actually came to Australia. My gosh, how can I know the ways to rent a place just by myself, how can I understand the way through the campus, and how can get to the rental places with only the address, all without phone number and internet connection!)

No comments: